Frequently asked questions
- How can massage therapy help me? What type of massage is right for me?
- What should I expect on my first visit to The Healing Touch?
- How long do treatments/sessions last?
- Does a massage session cost the same regardless of the type of massage?
- How should I feel during and after a massage treatment?
- Do I have to undress to receive massage?
- Where does the massage session take place?
- How often should I receive massage?
- Is there anything I can do to prepare for a massage session?
- Can I talk to my therapist or listen to music during a massage session?
- What if I do not feel comfortable during a massage?
- What types of Massage does the Healing touch offer?
- What type of payments does the healing Touch accept?
- Are all therapists at the healing touch certified & licensed?
- Can I choose or change my therapist at the Healing touch?
- How do I find the right therapist for me?
- What are your hours? Do I have to schedule an appointment in advance?
- Does the healing touch take insurance?
- Am I supposed to tip my therapist?
- What is your policy for tardiness or cancellations?
- Do you offer massage in the workplace. Are you available for corporate events?
Each and every person is unique, with unique needs. Some choose massage as a way to relax and take a break from the daily grind. Others take advantage of the powers of therapeutic massage to recover from injuries and prevent new ones. The Healing Touch offers many types of massage and bodywork therapy. Be sure to speak with your therapist about what is right for you.
We make every effort to make your experience at The Healing Touch as pleasant as possible. On your first visit, your therapist will:
- Ask you to fill out a short health history form.
- Lead you to a private treatment room so that you may specify your desired results and ask any questions that you may have about your massage experience.
- Leave you alone for several minutes so that you may undress privately. (to the extent that you feel comfortable)
- Return to the room and begin the massage.
- Once the session is complete, your therapist will address any questions that you may have and leave you in the room so that you may dress privately.
- When you are ready, your therapist will meet you at the front desk to receive payment and schedule your next appointment.
The Healing Touch offers 30, 60, or 90 minute massage sessions.
For a given duration (30, 60, or 90 minutes), all massage types are offered at the same price with the exception of Hot Stone massage. A Hot Stone massage is more expensive (add $15) due to the added time required by the therapist to prepare stones and equipment. Visit our prices page for details on all sessions and packages.
Every situation and patient is different. If you are receiving a relaxing Swedish or Hot Stone massage, you should feel relaxed and rejuvinated. On the other hand, if you have requested that your therapist perform deep tissue or sports massage, it is possible that the massage itself may feel a bit intense at times while the therapist works to break up adhesions or scar tissue buildup. We all tolerate pain differently. It is important to communicate with your therapist so that the proper amount of pressure is applied to suit your needs.
No. Many patients choose to undress completely while receiving massage, but that is a personal choice. Therapists at The Healing Touch will adhere to all draping standards in order to ensure that only the part of your body requiring attention is exposed at any given time.
The Healing Touch has two treatment rooms in our office located at 1000 N Main Street, Suite 203 in Fuquay-Varina, NC.
Each individual is different. Your therapist can discuss this with you in terms of what you would like to accomplish. If you and your therapist decide that your best course of action is to return on a regular basis, discount packages are available when purchasing multiple sessions.
For best results, it is important to stay hydrated before and after receiving massage. Drink plenty of water so that you may help your body flush out toxins released during your treatment.
Its all up to you. The Healing Touch has a wide array of soothing music that may be played during a massage session. A session is your time to relax and our goal is to provide you with an environment that helps you do just that. You may also feel free to speak with your therapist during a session. This is your time, however, and many times patients choose to simply lie quietly and receive a massage. Therapists at The Healing Touch will adjust to suit your needs.
Tell your therapist. If you do not feel comfortable, your therapist may increase/decrease pressure, provide you with blanket, stop working on the part of your body that is giving you discomfort, adjust music or lighting, or any number of other things. Most importantly, please let your therapist know if you are uncomfortable.
The Healing Touch offers a wide variety of massage. See About Massage for more details.
The Healing touch accepts Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
Yes. All therapists at The Healing Touch are nationally certified and licensed in North Carolina to practice massage therapy. They are also members of the American Massage Therapy Association.
Yes. The Healing Touch realizes that massage therapy is a very personal service and the relationship with a particular therapist is important. It is common for our patients to schedule appointments with their favorite therapist.
That being said, one benefit of choosing The Healing Touch for your massage needs is that you have options. If, for any reason, you would like to try a different therapist to work with you during your next appointment, then simply schedule with the therapist of your choosing. Therapists at The Healing Touch do not have their 'own' patients. While we can all provide a quality massage, our styles differ. See our therapists page for more information on each therapist at The Healing Touch.
You can visit our therapists page to see a short biography about each therapist at The Healing Touch. Finding the right therapist for you is a personal decision that only you can make. At The Healing Touch you have the option to schedule massage with different massage therapists until you find the best fit for you.
See our Hours page for more information. The Healing Touch is a small business and we do not have a full time receptionist to greet walk-ins. Massage sessions are by appointment only. Feel free to call (919) 567-2474 any time. You will usually be asked to leave a message and one of our therapists will return your call within one business day.
At this time, The Healing Touch does not process insurance claims. Reciepts are available upon request if you have an insurance plan that includes massage therapy services and need proof of our services.
The decision to tip is entirely up to you. It is common for patients to include a tip, but not expected.
If you are late for an appointment, our official policy is that the appointment will still conclude at the scheduled time. For example, if a 60 minute appointment is scheduled for 4:00 but it does not begin until 4:20, it will still conclude at 5:00.
A missed appointment incurs a $25 charge. Any scheduled appointment may be cancelled without charge prior to 24 hours before the appointed time.
Yes. We are available for chair massage events. Call our office at (919) 567-2474 and leave a message for Maureen Knight (owner) if you are interested. You can also send us an email via the feedback function on our Contact Us page.